Regenerative Medicine Today Podcast #34
Regenerative Medicine Today #34
Dr. David Baer visits Regenerative Medicine Today and discusses the programs of the U.S. Army Institute of Surgical Research. Dr. Baer is the Director of the Research Office at the Institute of Surgical Research in San Antonio, Texas.
In the podcast, Dr. Baer discusses:
- Mission of the Army includes operational medicine; aka sports medicine in the civilian world
- Institute’s Focus on combat casualty care and traumatic injury
- Interest in Regenerative Medicine to address severe injuries
- The new medical challenges from the current conflict
- The broad scope of the Institute from basic science to clinical studies
- Training and career opportunities at ISR
The Institute treats both military personnel and civilians at their hospital. For clinical trials, the nature of the injury and the protocol determines who participates in the trial; both civilian and military personnel are eligible for consideration. Details are
ISR funds external research; in particular Dr. Baer referenced the Orthopaedic Trauma Research Program. Click Here.
For more information about the Institute of Surgical Research, please Click Here.
For more information about the McGowan Institute for Regenerative Medicine, visit:
Host John Murphy
Subscribe to the Podcast Feed.
Download | Duration: 00:18:02